Grilled Plantain stuffed with Scrambled Eggs

by - Sunday, July 13, 2014

Plantain is a very versatile fruit that can be boiled, steamed, cooked, fried & grilled....

I went food shopping yesterday and managed to stock up on plantain; I thought to myself what can I do with Plantain as I'm not that much of a fan... "Grill it Sai" (that husky voice of mine echoed in my head lol).. Okay I'll grill it and stuff some eggs in it (might as well right?) To be completely honest with you, when you try this method, I can guarantee you that you'll hardly ever have your Plantain another  way other than grilling.. YES I'M IN LOVEEEEE :-)))

You guys do know how I make all my dishes quick and easy, so here you go.

Note:- Plantain does not always have to be fried, grilling with no oil is much more healthy.
Ingredients:-

For the Grilled Plantain all you need is Plantain (not too ripe and not too unripe, so a little bit in between) and a tiny bit of olive oil for glazing.

Scrambled eggs
Eggs
Mixed bell peppers (green, yellow and red)
1 red onion
1 scotch bonnet
1 fresh tomatoe
Vegetable or sunflower oil
Salt to taste
Stock cubes
All purpose seasoning

Method:-
 Peel off the skin from your Plantain and place it on your grill pan, glaze both sides with a drop (i mean a tiny weeny bit of olive oil) and place in the grill for 25 minutes; making sure you constantly check check it and turn once one side is grilled.

Place your frying pan on fire, add some oil (Olive or Sunflower, up to you), leave to heat up for 2 minutes on low heat, add the mixed peppers, onion, scotch bonnet, tomatoes and seasonings, fry for about 2 minutes until fried.
Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and add some salt to taste.
Add the whisked egg into the fried mixture and continually stir by breaking them all into pieces (picture below). Once fried, drain the oil from the eggs and place in a bowl to cool down.

Once the Plantain is grilled, place on a plate to cool down for 2 minutes, and then gently slice in the middle. Add the eggs and there you have it.. So easy right.. :-) Let me know how you get on and please don't forget to subscribe to my blog, like me on Facebook (Saiprojects), and subscribe to my Youtube page www.youtube.com/saioladeji.

Remember you don't wanna stuff the Plantain with too much eggs or else you won't enjoy it whilst biting into it :-)

































You May Also Like

0 comments